Level 2: Medical/Dental Coding
SUGGESTED AUDIENCE: Dentist and Team
SUGGESTED FORMATS: Full or Partial Day, Workshop, Keynote
The benefits of medical/dental cross coding are numerous. Understanding medical insurance is the key to getting paid! However, there is a lot of confusion about medical billing too, and most teams don’t have the resources or time to figure it out.
Take charge of your practice’s billing through this informative, hands-on workshop! Learn a step-by step process for claim processing, from first patient contact through final payment. Gain a greater understanding of diagnostic, procedure, and DME codes, as well as the use of modifiers. Learn how to complete the CMS-1500 Form and necessary supporting documentation. Learn a system for follow-ups and appeals and how to avoid common “missteps” which can cause claim denials.
Why Bill Medical?
- Billing medical generates greater case acceptance
- Patients save money. benefitting their bottom line and health
- Patients are helped in a way they didn’t realize was possible!
- Become proficient in interpreting different types of insurance plans
- Recognize the four categories of billable procedures
- Understand the authorization process and the importance of S.O.A.P. in documentation
- Receive tips for working with insurance companies to obtain patient benefit information
- Utilize diagnostic tools, such as I-Cat, saliva tests, medical history intake and risk assessment forms, and clinical skills
- Identify how to document and submit medical necessity information
- Learn how to report biopsies and oral lesions
- Know how to prioritize and report medical diagnostic and procedure codes
- Learn about the history, structure, and format of the ICD-10 coding system